Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Thriller...

"…You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it, You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes, You're paralyzed...'Cause this is Thriller, Thriller night, and no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike…"

     Call me Debbie Downer.  Mike does.  I don't like to dress up for Halloween.  I used to, but something changed.  Sadly, the last time I truly remember enjoying the planning process of Halloween was probably my junior year in high school when all my girlfriends and I dressed as the Pink Ladies and other Grease characters.  That was fun.  Ever since however, the costume aspect of the night has proven too much work.
     Problem is that I have married a man who LOVES to dress up; Halloween, going out to dinner, babysitting the nephews--you give Mikey an excuse and he will dress to the nines, appropriate of the occasion of course.  So when Halloween rolls along you have me, the anti-dresser-upper & you have Mike, who's extremely "gung ho".  How does such a couple compromise?
     Well, this year I gave in.  We were invited to a couple of Halloween parties, and knowing I wasn't going to get my way, I folded.  And guess what?  I had fun.  Sure the planning process was still as bothersome as ever, and of course the actual costume only came together at the last minute, but we finally decided on an idea and made it happen.  Oddly enough we were a hit at the party--such an easy costume, too!  What do you think….?

Mr. & Mrs. Gerome the Gnome

     And because it's Berkeley, the party wasn't just a bunch of costumed grad students drinking….there were fire dancers!!  Here is what what we experienced at the party: unbelievable!

This is a woman from Mike's MLA program...




     Lastly, I wanted to share some "oh so cute" photos of costumed dogs.  Now I might not like dressing myself up, but Bailey is another story…not that she (or Mike) lets me!  But look how cute these pups are--the best part is how well the costumes replicate the dogs' personalities…





Have a wonderful and safe Halloween everyone!  Love, Bird


No comments:

Post a Comment