Sunday, October 24, 2010

Random Thoughts...

"How does it feel?  How does it feel?  To be on your own, with no direction home, a complete unknown like a rolling stone..."

     I'm having a hard time lately with my "creative writing".  Sorry, the quirkiness just isn't coming out, hence my failure at regular or recent posts.  So, tonight I thought I'd post about something that is truly me…randomness.
     If you have ever had the pleasure of speaking with me in a casual manner, you will probably have noticed that I tend to randomly pick up a train of thought while in the midst of another conversation.  Maybe there will be a brief lull in the conversation and suddenly I will pose a question that has nothing to do with what we were discussing.  However, in my mind, the beginning of the conversation has began.  Now please don't think I am crazy…I actually DO understand my proposed conversation wasn't being discussed earlier.  I think it comes down to assuming others will pick up this train of thought and we can thus discuss my topic.  Hummm, maybe that's really just an assumption.
     Funny thing is that the more you get to know me, the quicker you are with my random conversation starters.  I remember in the beginning of our relationship, Mike was always saying, "what are you talking about?…where did that come from?"  Now I don't hear that as much; I guess someone has gotten used to me.
     Anyway, the point of my discussing my randomness is because I'd like to share these thoughts with you.  We'll call them "Random Thoughts with Robin Cook".  I based the idea from one of my favorite SNL sketches, "Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey".  Speaking of which, here is my all-time favorite "Deep Thought" (I couldn't find the actual sketch, so this is from memory)….

     "The next time your child asks you why it rains, tell him it's God crying.  When he asks you why God is crying, tell him it's over something you did."


footprints-sand-beach-sunrise.jpg


Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!
Love, Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment